Friday, May 13, 2011

Octopuses and Dinosaurs

 


I know you guys are all thinking that I’ve lost it. What’s with the photos of Barney and Paul the Octopus who made all of the perfect World Cup soccer predictions you ask? Look at the photo below you will understand.



The second transfer was yesterday and it went smoothly. The embryo on the left is named Paul. He looks just like an octopus don’t you think? The one on the right is clearly Barney. It’s a little freaky how much they look like Paul and Barney don’t you think?

Ginny is doing well. She is at the hotel resting. We had dinner with her tonight. This trip has been super mellow. No anxiety like last time. I know this sounds terrible, but if nothing else, I am honest. It was almost like we are having a good friend visit and we took her to the dentist. Don’t get me wrong, I want this more than anything in the world and I still adore Ginny and feel indescribable gratitude, but it was kind of old hat this time. So much was different and I am hoping all of that is a good thing. We were all much calmer. Even though the last transfer was a happy excitement it was emotionally exhausting. There is more riding on this transfer but we are all so much more at peace with it. I can’t wait for the pregnancy test. It’s on the 26th.

Better get to sleep. We’ve got to be up at 4:30am to take Ginny, Paul and Barney to the airport!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, Paul and Barney's first flights! I hope you find yourself in a magic time warp until the 26th. Grow babies, grow!

    ReplyDelete