Thursday, October 18, 2012

Om

It's 5:44am in Kathmandu. I have been meaning to post for the past few days but every second I spend online is a second I am not enjoying the wonder that is Nepal. If I had posted earlier you would  have heard how at peace I am with the process and how excited I am to be in this part of the world. I am still at peace with the process, but I am certainly have to work harder this morning to say that. Today was supposed to be a full day of sightseeing and shopping in Kathmandu. Tomorrow I was planning to go to Boudahanath temple (pictured above) for a second time to spin the prayer wheels before heading off to Dehli. Instead I woke at 3am with diarrhea and cramps. I thought that a had a case of Delhi belly, the Kathmandu version at least, until I realized I had my period. As I have said before, the point of infertility in my life is to teach me that I have no control. Yup, Aunt Flow showed up 3 days early. Not sure what this will mean. It's still before dawn here so we just have to wait until someone wakes up at the clinic to figure this out. Even if I hop on a plane to India and start my meds early, I am not sure my body's schedule will work with the clinic's. My retrieval schedule was pushed back before we left due to lab cleaning. If my eggs are ready too early the lab won't be open to deal with them. All I can do now is wait. I have no control over my body or this situation. If all of this goes pear shaped I am grateful to have been able to spend the last two days in Nepal. I have made many new friends. I watched the sun rise over the Himalayas. I played hopscotch on a dirt road with a bunch of children while their mother climbed onto the roof of the house to harvest honey from a beehive for my breakfast.  How could I not be grateful? I am going to hop in the shower and pack a bit in case I need to make a beeline (no pun intended) for Delhi this morning. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime I just keep saying om. Namaste my friends. 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are enjoying the vacation portion of your trip. Darn AF! Hope the scheduling works out without any more heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it... I am so very glad you are enjoying yourself and you are at peace (mostly)! I can only hope and pray the schedule and everything works out the way its supposed to.

    ReplyDelete