Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Quick Update

Blogger.com is not cooperating so here is a super quick update:
-Had a heck of time getting out of Kathmanu. Marlon compared it to an episode of the Amazing Race but with the two team members on opposite sides of the world. I'll tell you the whole story when I have more time.
-Made it to the doctor early on CD 3 and started injections.
-Tomorrow is the last Gonal F injection. I get the injection at 10am. 12pm we head back for a scan with the doctor and then we are heading out of town to Agra until the next scan on Sunday. After that I will have scans every other day
-Retrieval is around the 31st/1st give or take a few days.
-We had a tour of the facilities yesterday. It's pretty amazing. We saw a bunch of pregnant GCs waiting to see the OB.
-They really do a great job looking after these women. They provide apartments, deliver meals every other day so they don't need to cook, provide shuttle service to and from school for their children, all medical care whether is is pregnancy related or not, life insurance (God forbid. We also provided it for our GC in the US), you name it, these women are covered. It felt good to see the office in action.
-They deliver 50-75 babies a month through this program. Can you imagine?????
-Have I told you we are using two GC's simultaneously? We are. They can get up to 4 embryos each. We will transfer 8 embryos if we get 8 from my old eggs. If there are extras they will be frozen.
That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to ask questions. It's been hectic here the first few days. Hoping to post more after we get back from Agra on Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. I am super excited to hear the Amazing Exit story in greater detail. :)

    50-75 babies a month! Wow!

    I can't remember, are you involved in the GC selection?

    Are you handling the injections ok?

    Have fun in Agra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Injections are going fine. I have to go to the clinic to have them done every day which is a bit annoying. The mini fridge at the hotel just isn't cold enough to store the meds properly. We have no involvement in the GC selection. She has like 36 women cyclying at any given time and picks the women who have the two best linings. We do get to meet them before the transfers though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am just amazed at this all! I hope you don't have any pain from the injections. I can't wait to hear the "Amazing Race" story either. Enjoy your time in Agra, sounds like it will be a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're stopping Gonal-F already and the ER isn't until the 31st? Never heard of this protocol...can you tell us more? GOOOOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! This is all amazing on its own! I know it's anxiety provoking nearly every second, but all I can think is "how amazing and how special!!!" Love you and i'm so glad you're updating!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for more updates! This is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete