Thursday, November 1, 2012

Getting Real

I have been able to put it out of my mind for the most part until today. It's getting real though. The egg retrieval is set for Sunday morning. I'm starting to get crampy and feel my ovaries. When we ride the tuktuks I now need to hold on the my stomach to prevent them from feeling like they are being scrambled. We also signed the surrogate contracts today. The most undeniable reality was meeting the surrogates. Both of them. At the same time, with a translator. I don't think anyone who knows me will be surprised to hear that I cried. I would like to think the meeting went well, but who knows what these poor women think of me. Sabita is an older (33), rounder, Hindu with a very warm smile. Rehanna is young (24), slight, Muslim and spectacularly shy. I can't help but wonder if they are awake right now thinking about this crazy situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment