Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday's Story

Sorry you guys aren't getting my usual posts on this trip. Instead of thinking about this until my head hurts I am just getting on with it and trying, fairly sucessfully, to think about it as little as possible. When I get home I am sure everyone is going to want to catch up, but I'm telling you now I do not want to talk about this process at all. The less it's on my mind the better. Whether the news is good or bad it is going to be an emotional time for us and I want to just get through it with as little drama as possible. We have enough as it is.

The latest drama:
It's now 12:10pm on Saturday. I have to be at the doctor for the retrieval at 9:30am Sunday and the procedure is scheduled for 11:30am. I'm still sick with the darn cold and generally exhausted and queasy from the meds. Sleep is hard to come by in our rental apartment. It's huge (3 bedrooms/ 3 bathrooms) and modern, but the windows are single pane with no seals and you hear EVERYTHING like it's in your bedroom. We are on the flight path for the airport and planes come and go on top of us all night. Dogs bark ALL night. Babies cry. Construction goes on all around us from 7am to 9pm. Yes, the hard working people of India work hammering away well after dark. They sleep on the construction site so they literally work every moment they aren't sleeping. Last night someone was knocking on our door at midnight. I looked out and it was a strange man so I didn't answer. I tried to talk to him through the door, but he didn't answer (not sure he spoke English) and I was pretty freaked out. A few minutes later the same man ran the doorbell. I ignored it hoping he would go away when I heard him trying a key in the lock. I was sure we were going to die. My Love FINALLY woke up and opened the door. It was not our night to die. The murderous thief  was our upstairs neighbor very kindly trying to return the keys My Love had left dangling in the apartment door when we got home last night. Needless to say, it took me a sometime to fall asleep after our near death experience. I woke late this morning, around 10:30 and wandered into the kitchen. My Love immediately announced there was a problem. It turns out that two little letters can make a very big difference. AM. PM. These are two very different beasts. 4:30pm Sunday is the flight that gets us home when we head straight to the airpor after my egg retrieval. 4:30am is the flight that I cannot take because it is 7 hours before my scheduled egg retrieval. See the difference there? AM. PM. I will spare you the hours of phone calls and debates about the best plan and just share the result. My Love is leaving before the retrieval and I am staying by myself for two more days. We are incredibly sad that he won't be here for the retrieval. I'll get through it on my own, but it certainly isn't ideal. We had to pay about $700 to buy me a new ticket home and just couldn't justify spending the same amount for another ticket. I just need to man up and do it on my own and know that he is with me in spirit. So, there it is. 

4 comments:

  1. So glad the murderer turned out to be a concerned neighbor!!!

    Also - Isn't Marlon supposed to provide his part at the time of the retrieval as well? How does it work out with him getting on the early flight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He left his "contribution" to this project today. They also have a frozen sample if they need it. The doctor swore to us it would not impact the outcome. Nothing we can do but trust her. We said we were willing to move his flight, but she said it was unnecessary. She is the best. e have her cell phone number so we can read her directly in case of emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you get to stay a few extra days. I know you were concerned about flying home that Sunday evening after the retrieval. Glad your "murderer" wasn't! :) Get home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome strory..for this type of story u can see Thailand surrogacy

    ReplyDelete